Monday, August 29, 2011

3 Years Old

3 years ago today we were blessed with our sweet little boy Colton Walker Garza! He definitely keeps us entertained and on our toes. He is 100% little boy. He loves race cars, tractors, trucks, tomtrucks (dump trucks), fire trucks, pman cars (police men), bulldozers, hairplanes (airplanes) and mootercycles (motorcycles). Most of the time he would rather sit and play by himself than have to subject himself to his sisters torturous games, ie... dress up, prince and princess. Sometimes he will give in and play but I think it's just mainly to get her off of his back. Some of his favorite movies right now are The Wizzard of Oz, Jungle Book, Finding Nemo and Cars. He still does not want to have anything to do with potty training, but we are slowing working him there..... keeping my fingers crossed that he gets it soon. People say that raising a boy is way different than raising a girl and I have to totally AGREE with that statement. But we love our little Colty and we wouldn't trade him for the world... most of the time :)

This past weekend me and the kids, along with Uncle Ross, loaded up the car and headed to see my Grandmothers for the weekend. My Granny, who is 91, came home from the Nursing Home last week. She is doing very good and is really enjoying being home. While we were there my dad decided that we need to clean out her store room. We started Saturday morning and finished around lunch because it was SSSOOOOO hot!!! My Granny is a bit of a pack rat and never throws anything away. We kept getting side tracked from cleaning because we were too busy looking at all of the stuff we had found. (Yes I should have taken some pics of some of it but I wasn't thinking... sorry). 91 years of memories (and crap) are in this room. It was really neat to see all of it.

While we were there I got to meet my new niece Hattie Jane Williams for the first time. She is so sweet and precious. Someone asked me if I was ready for another one after holding her and I just kindly replied "Absolutely not." :)

We also had a small birthday party for Colton with my moms side of the family. He LOVED it!!!!! When he went to bed last night he took with him his fire truck hat, fire truck and his race car keys. He took his crane took school with him today and took a bath with some of his other trucks last night after playing with some of his new race cars. ALL of his presents are being used and getting quality attention :) He had a blast and is loving everything he got so Thank you all for everything. It was a busy on the go weekend but it always feels so good to spend it with family.

0 comments: