Tuesday, November 8, 2011

By George, I think he's got it.....Maybe

We have been working with Colton sometime now on potty training and most days it doesn't go good at all.  When he started school in August he wanted no part of it what so ever.  Some days he will tell me that he needs to go but most of the time he doesn't say anything at all.  If you ask him if he needs to go potty the answer is always "NO!!!"  A couple of weeks ago we were in Dollar General (picking up pull ups) when he asked me if he could get some "panties."  I said sure but only if you are going to wear them in which he replied "Maybe."

Yep this looks promising.

So we get them and guess what?!?!?!?!? He refuses to wear them....... Imagine that!!!!

Out of the blue yesterday morning he tells me that he doesn't want to wear his pull up he wants to wear his big boy "panties."

And yes he calls them "panties" because he told me undi-wear was a funny word.... what ever floats your boat kiddo.

I didn't let him wear them yesterday (yes bad mother I know) only because I was really nervous. I mean there hasn't been 1 whole day that he didn't go in his pull up the toilet every time he need to go.  This morning he wakes up and refuses to put a pull up on.  I'm talking throwing a fit, crying cause he didn't want to put it on.  I gave in and let him wear "panties."

Is it so bad of me that I won't don't want to put him in "panties" all day at school???? It's not that I don't want him out of pull ups because I am soooooooo ready for that.  I think I am just afraid for him only because I don't know how ready he is.

He has made major improvements just since August and I know he will get it (crossing my fingers for soon) when he's ready

My baby is growing up and I just don't know If I am ready for that!!!!!



Just a funny random picture of Colton
(yes he is crying and I don't remember why)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

The picture cracks me up!! Love it!!